A Beginner’s Guide to Blockchain Technology
- Define Blockchain Technology, in your own words
- Understand how Blockchain could potentially impact your business and industry.
- Write a thought leadership piece regarding use cases and industry potential of Blockchain technology.
- Explain Blockchain Technology to your clients, friends, and business colleagues
- Set a strategy to prepare your business or your clients for the emerging Decentralized Economy
- Join a community of economists, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and technologists that are shaping this technology as we speak.
- Identify which aspects of Blockchain Technology seem most important and relevant to you
- Walk away with a strong foundation in where blockchain is going, what it does, and how to prepare for it
- A basic understanding of the internet.
- Have an open mind and be prepared to get very curious
Animal Labs, Tom Serres, Bettina Warburg, and John Fitch are proud to present: The Basics of Blockchain: A Beginner’s Guide to Blockchain Technology.
Imagine it’s 1994. The internet exists, but is still referred to as an “information superhighway.” This may feel a long way off from the Digital Age that defines our lives today — where objects in our pockets power much of our activity, where we are connected to parts of the world previously unknown, and where our relationship to reality grows increasingly blended. We are well beyond websites. Blockchain technology is in that same 1994 moment, trying to imagine its own future.
Say goodbye to the Information Superhighway and hello to the Decentralized Economy. Blockchain is about to radically transform how humans and machines engage in economic activity, forever. While humans have been using formal institutions to reduce uncertainty in trade since the dawn of time, Blockchain is evolving this age-old model into something far more interesting: the distributed autonomous institution.
This course is designed to take you through the basics of Blockchain Technology. A Beginner’s Guide, if you will. Even for the most informed technologists, Blockchain Technology is very difficult and often dense subject matter to fully internalize and understand. This course is here to help students unpack the ideas and better understand what the most important opportunities are in and around this new technology. We cover the Economics, Technology, and Business of Blockchain.
The Basics of Blockchain also includes expert interviews with some of the top thinkers, creators, and innovators of blockchain technology, people like:
- Gavin Wood, one of the founders of the Ethereum Network
- Dominic Williams, one of the founders of Dfinity and String Labs
- Vlad Zamfir, Blockchain Researcher and Designer of Casper
- Jutta Steiner, one of the founders of Ethcore
In addition to expert interviews, the course also includes various other articles, podcasts, and video series to help ground the student in the subject mater.
- Corporate Executives looking to connect corproate strategy to technology
- Government Executives looking to better understand Blockchain opportunities
- High school & college students
- Supply Chain Managers
- CEO’s, Boards, and Senior VP’s
- Entrepreneurs looking for something new
- Consultants and Professional Service Providers
- Technology Enthusiasts
- Anyone looking to better prepare for long term career potential in the future