Develop your interpersonal skills to manage disagreements, difficult situations and interactions and learn about conflict management with emotional intelligence
- Understand what conflict is about and how people react to conflict
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected and why it is a part of healthy relationships
- Have an insight into the various modes that can be used in conflict resolution
- Understand your own mode of conflict and how this helps or hinders you in working with conflict.
- Determine emotional responses from rational responses in conflict.
- Explain your behavioural preferences around managing and working with time and how this impacts upon your flexibility.
- Develop strategies for dealing with conflict and have some ideas about how to resolve difficulties
- Use emotional intelligence to resolve conflict and build emotional bonds
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- A keenness to identify and understand the different causes of conflict.
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively.
Conflict and disagreements are a natural part of everyday life as there is not enough of what everyone wants to go around. Conflict occurs over money, goods, services, power, possessions, time, and much more.
If something exists and more than one person wants or needs it, there is a potential for conflict to occur.
Conflict occurs all the time – at home, at work, between individuals, in teams, in groups, in tribes and between nations. Where there are people, there is conflict.
Some disagreement and conflict is inevitable as this where learning, creativity, and understanding occurs. It is not that conflict occurs that is the issue, it is how it is managed.
This course is about proactively working together with others in ways that will help you to communicate more efficiently as you work with them to understand and work with differences that lead to conflict. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Negotiating and resolving conflict requires good use of emotional intelligence – your ability to balance your emotional needs with your thinking. Managing conflict involves using skills such as rapport, empathy and listening.
Conflict modes and styles are reviewed looking at the strengths and liabilities of each. You get the chance to complete a questionnaire that will give you an insight to the mode / style that you prefer to use in conflict situations.
The course, also, covers flexibility and how you use behavioural preferences around working with time. Your flexibility and adaptability underpins how you work with change and can have a profound impact on others that could lead to conflict.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to manage, work with and resolve conflict. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
You’ll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains comprehensive course notes. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour’s training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE – This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the exercises that make up a fundamental part of the course. Conflict cannot be managed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I’m afraid that you won’t get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are FIVE practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you understand conflict management and how you can improve in working with conflict. All of them require you to engage with your team and do some work outside of the course.
This course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
Latest update – November 2017
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop an understanding of conflict, the issues involved and ways to resolve conflict effectively.
- This course will support anyone who is regularly involved in managing or resolving conflict.
Ad: Wordpress blog setup services. Get your Wordpress blog setup in under $100 and in less then 3 days! Click here
Ad: Get a mobile app based on your website. Get more visitors. Get into your customer pockets! Click here