Classical Latin Course for Beginners
- Learn to read and write Latin, as well as memorize a large vocabulary of Latin words.
- No additional software is required. Although, a printer would be useful if you would like to print hard copies of the individual lesson texts.
Learn the basics of Classical Latin in this first of two introductory courses. Students who take this course will learn basic Latin grammar and syntax, as well as a comprehensive vocabulary, which expands with each lesson.
Benefits of taking this class include:
– Learning the father language of all Romantic languages (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French). This is an excellent gateway language to learning many new languages in the future.
– Learning the etymology of thousands of English words which derive their meaning from Latin.
– Learning the mechanics of a new language will help students come to a better understanding of grammar in their own language.
– Short 3-7 minute lectures for each lesson
– Document accompanying each lesson subject, which includes 10-15 vocabulary word list
– Sentences to translate from Latin to English and English to Latin
– Self-test exams every three chapters
– Answer key for exams and translation exercises
– Bonus vocabulary list (which I will continue to add to)
- This Latin course is for those interested in learning new languages and reading the manuscripts of ancient historians and philosophers. This course is not for those who are looking for advanced Latin courses, as this is an introductory course.