Get up & running with Excel’s data modeling & business intelligence tools, taught by a best-selling Excel instructor
- Tools and demos to get you up & running with Excel’s game changing data modeling & business intelligence tools
- How to use Power Query, Power Pivot & DAX to absolutely revolutionize your workflow in Excel
- Unique tips, tools and case studies that you won’t find in ANY other course, guaranteed
- Fun, interactive, and highly effective lessons from a best-selling Excel instructor
- Lifetime access to project files, quizzes and homework exercises, and 1-on-1 instructor support
- IMPORTANT: You need a version of Excel that is compatible with Power Pivot (Excel 2013/2016 Standalone, Office 365 Pro Plus, Enterprise E3/E5, Office Professional 2016, etc.)
- This course is designed for PC users (Power Pivot is currently unavailable with Excel for Mac)
- Experience with Excel PivotTables and cell formulas & functions is strongly recommended
*** Course access includes project files, quizzes & homework exercises, 1-on-1 instructor support, LIFETIME access and a 100% money-back guarantee! ***
Hear why this is one of the TOP-RATED Excel online courses:
“I am a self-taught PowerQuery user and it took me a while to understand what each tool does and how it interacts with others. Thanks to your introduction I finally nailed it in a very clear, unambiguous way. You are helping me build a method that I can confidently apply to my data. Thank you so much!”
“I’m less of an expert at breathing than Chris is at Excel. This course is thorough and well-planned, and he presents in a manner that simplifies the complicated. Well worth your time!”
FULL COURSE DESCRIPTION:
This course introduces Microsoft Excel’s powerful data modeling and business intelligence tools: Power Query, Power Pivot, and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
If you’re looking to become a power Excel user and absolutely supercharge your analytics, this course is the A-Z guide that you’re looking for.
We’ll kick things off by introducing the “Power Excel” landscape, and explore what these tools are all about and why they are changing the world of self-service business intelligence.
Using sample data from a fictional supermarket chain, we’ll get hands-on with Power Query; a tool to extract, transform, and load data from flat files, folders, databases, API services and more. We’ll practice shaping, blending and exploring our project files, and create completely automated loading procedures with only a few clicks.
From there we’ll dive into Data Modeling 101, and cover the fundamentals of database design and normalization (including table relationships, cardinality, hierarchies and more). We’ll take a tour through Excel’s data model interface, introduce some best practices and pro tips, and then create our own relational database to analyze throughout the course.
Next, we’ll use Power Pivot and DAX to explore and analyze our data model. Unlike traditional pivots, Power Pivot allows you to analyze hundreds of millions of rows across multiple data tables, and create supercharged calculated fields using a formula language called Data Analysis Expressions (or “DAX” for short). We’ll cover basic DAX syntax, then introduce some of the most powerful and commonly-used functions — CALCULATE, FILTER, SUMX and more.
If you’re ready to take your Excel game to new heights and join the leading edge of analytics & business intelligence, this course is for you. It’s time to stop fighting with tedious, manual tasks and struggling with “old-school” Excel; join me on this journey and emerge a certified NINJA.
See you in there!
IMPORTANT: You need a version of Excel that is compatible with Power Pivot (Excel 2010 with plug-in, Excel 2013/2016 Standalone, Office 365 Pro Plus, Enterprise E3/E5, Office Professional 2016, etc.)
- Excel users who want to learn more advanced data modeling & business intelligence tools
- Students looking for a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to Excel training
- Anyone looking to become a power Excel user and supercharge their analytics skillset