Become a Pharmacy Technician
A Video Study Guide for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
- By the end of this course, you will be able to utilize the skills you have learned to achieve a job as a pharmacy technician.
- Read sig codes
- Perform simple pharmacy math
- Understand commonly used pharmacy law
- Brand and generic equivalents
- A willingness to work hard to memorize the concepts covered
- Knowledge of Simple Math Concepts
Becoming a pharmacy technician is a simpler path than most students think. While many students are convinced that becoming certified involves months of schooling -currently this is NOT the case.
To become a certified pharmacy technician an individual must:
1. Register with the PTCB or ExCPT to take a certification exam. Most states require the PTCB, but the ExCPT is accepted in many states.
2. Study the required material to pass the PTCB or ExCPT examination. (Note: Studying for the exam can be a part of a lengthy/costly college course, but is not required – a simple online video course will be sufficient )
3. Pass your exam!
4. Register with your respective State Board of Pharmacy. We provide the web URL for all 50 State Boards of Pharmacy to make registering easy!
This course is designed to help students learn the concepts needed to become a certified pharmacy technician (C. Ph.T). Many different topics are covered in the course, including pharmacy law, common abbreviations, commonly used calculations, and many other skills used by pharmacy technicians in their day to day tasks. Utilizing the advantages of a self-paced course, student will be able to prepare to take the certification exam needed to work as a pharmacy technician.
Included in this course are how-to videos, drugs lists, commonly seen abbreviations, pharmaceutical calculations, sample test questions, and other resources useful in a successful pharmacy career.
This course will require additional time and repetition to reinforce skills learned within the included materials. Students are encouraged to take a slow and steady pace in this course – it is designed as a 6-week course but may be longer or shorter depending on the rate of learning by the student.
- Individuals interested in becoming a Certified Pharmacy Technician
Ad: Yes, I will not charge you a single dime for setting up your blog based on WordPress. Click here for more information
Ad: Get a mobile app based on your website. Get it published under Google Play and Apple app store in no time! Get more visitors towards your business. Click here for more information